Continuously muscle and connective tissue tightening Radial acoustic Shockwave
Cellulite is affected by many factors such as genetics that determine skin elasticity and circulation, poor diet, lack of exercise, smoking, elevated hormone levels and weight. They all lead to the accumulation of fat beneath the skin, which is enclosed by fibrous connective tissue in the form of deposits. This impedes blood circulation and occurs fluid retention, landfills swell as more, and more blood vessels are pressed, i.e. gets something like a vicious circle. Gradually fibrous strands become less elastic and shorten, pulling the skin at certain places and so gets all nasty “orange peel.”
Cellulite is normally found across large areas and no one treatment head can do the whole area in one go. To address this your will often see the term homogeneously used .This means they moved the treatment head during the treatment to give an even number of shocks to each area. In reality this is easier said than done and so several different methods for applying the treatment have been used in the literature.
Cellulite is normally categorised into 3 grades (4 if you include no cellulite). The grades are important as several studies have shown patients can normally be improved by 1 grade (Schlaudraff et al 2014). The grades are (grade 0 is no dimpling even with pressure applied):
Dimpling when pressure applied
Dimpling visible standing but not lying down
Dimpling visible even when lying
Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) and radial shock wave therapy (RSWT) have been studied and shown to be safe and effective treatment options for cellulite
- Painless treatment without downtime after treatment.
- Targeted to solid cellulite treatment on arms, thigh, etc.
- Easy to operate, noninvasive treatment, and no anesthesia required.
- Visible results even after few treatments.
- Energy levels from 30 to 185 mJ (equivalent 1-5 bar), and frequency up to 22Hz
- Embedded electrical stimulation for skin tightening
- Rich built-in programs to facilitate treatment on different cellulite status